Saturday, May 10, 2008

Oh Baby?!?!

Well, I'm lousy at this journaling-but hopefully I can get better very soon! On Monday, April 28, 2008 we got a call from the adoption agency that a mother had chosen us to be parents of her baby. Wow...what an incredible honor. Our counselor explained to us that D. had chosen us, and then she gave us the even more fun news-- The baby was due May 5, 2008-only seven days from that day!!! Another wow... Well, after an incredibly roller coaster of a week, we got to meet with D. on Friday (May 2). She is a incredible (i know..I used that word at least 3 times already..) woman. There are no words that can express what you feel when you meet the person that will possibly make you a mother. After a wonderful meeting with D. we were very excited about the baby on the way. On Wednesday (May 7), we still hadn't heard from D. -so I gave her a call. Still no baby... She explained that she has an dr. appt. on Monday (May 12) and if the baby hasn't made an appearance by then, they will schedule for her to be induced. We scheduled another meeting for this past Friday. D. brought pictures of her other 2 children for us to see!! That was awesome and they are sooo cute! So...here I sit, having time to type all this because there is still no baby... and I just wait on the phone to ring. Tomorrow is Mother's day-what a hard day.... although Friday D. said " I hope the baby comes on Mother's day...just for you".. WOW..... again, I say, she is an awesome, incredible woman.

oh... I guess I should share this (i know...the part you're dying to know ...) IT'S a GIRL!!! "LiliAna Grace" will be here any day now and we can't wait....

3 comments:

Amy Tarleton said...

I can't wait for little Lili! I'm wondering if she's here already!

Jill said...

1. I'm so glad you updated your blog.

2. We are so excited for you. Make sure you let us know the minute she arrives!

Jennifer Eoff said...

Mom just told me the news yesterday on her way to choir practice. How exciting for you both. I know you can't wait. Congratulations!