Tuesday, March 17, 2009
I know I'm a little late, but we've been out of town. My baby girl is 10 months old (as of Saturday!). I can't believe how time flies (i think I say this every month). Here are a few things she's mastered:
- Pulling up and "cruising" around on the furniture
- Standing all by herself--for about 3 seconds before she falls!
- Vocabulary: Mama, Dada, up, yes (doesn't say it..but she nods quite well!), uh oh (per Lala and Papa this weekend..i haven't actually heard it yet!).
- Teething--She has FOUR teeth coming in on the top ..ALL at one time! I know it must be painful-but she has been a trouper. So far, only one night of crying because of it and occasional fussiness-just don't try to touch it! :)
- Attachment: She as starting sleeping with her doll and LOVES to hold on to it as she falls asleep. It is so precious! We bought her a new doll in Chicago this weekend and she immeadiately grabbed it and gave it a hug! I hope she can be this good with her new baby brother!
- She has shown a little seperation anxiety but nothing bad. I had to run to the car when I was picking her up at the babysitter and she BAWLED until I got back! She also cries a little when we leave her in nursery at church sometimes.
- Eating...um..everything in site! She loves to eat! She loves feeding herself-give her some veges and fruit and whatever is available!
Monday, March 16, 2009
Here are a few pictures from our weekend getaway to Chicago. It was Kevin's first plane ride. The only reason he got on a plane: Holli and Scott and John Deere Tractors! What more could you ask for! :) Holli and Scott moved to the Chicago area about a year ago and we miss them dearly. We had a BLAST hanging out with them and getting to see the city. (as well as the tractors and countryside). It was also a treat because it was St. Patty's day weekend and everyone was celebrating-they even dyed the river green. Kevin survived both flights and now feels like a seasoned flight traveler-especially since our home flight was delayed for 2 hours due to weather in Atl. Liliana stayed with Lala and Papa (Kevin's Parent's). I missed her badly and am very glad to have her back with mommy tonight! We bought her an "American Girl" doll at the store in Chicago and "Jr." (or whatever he might be eventually named) got a cute little John Deere hat and "Johnny the Tractor" and "Corny the Cornpicker" books (thanks to Holli and Scott). It was a great trip! Holli and Scott-you are the best! Thanks so much for making it a great weekend!
Thursday, March 12, 2009
It is 2:16 p.m. on Thursday. I am about to BURST to find out what this baby is!! Our Ultrasound appt. is at 3:00. I can't get any work done (yes..i'm blogging at work) and I can't wait to head over to see this baby!! I have this fear that it's going to be uncooperative and not show us the "stuff". I don't know why I'm nervous/excited because we really don't care whether it's a boy or girl..just want a healthy baby. I'll update with pictures and gender information this afternoon/night for you guys!!
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Liliana LOVED playing in the snow for the entire 5 minutes we let her out in it today! She laughed and actually crawled through it! It was so CUTE! On the way home from church today, she just starred out the window trying to figure out what was going on. Yeah for snow! Oh..and Mommy just found out I get a day off tomorrow! Whoohoo!!!