Monday, January 12, 2009

Prego update..and "the reveal" story

Sorry I haven't updated...naps have been much more of a priority than updating lately so I'll try to make up for lost time. I'm twelve weeks along this week-end of the first trimester! Whoohoo! I'm very glad to make it past this milestone... In a way it makes the pregnancy feel more "real" I guess..if that makes since. I go to the dr. on Wed. so I will update with any info then!

A few have asked how we revealed the news to our parents (since we kept it a secret from Thanksgiving to Christmas..not an easy task!!). We made cards these cards for the family that we handed out when we did Christmas with each side. We did tell Kevin's parents a little early since we would be with a large part of the family at Christmas and wanted it to be a little more personal when we told them. We told my parents on Christmas eve, with my aunt, uncle, grandfather and brother. They were all very shocked and had such great responses.. like.."Who's ultrasound is that?!"...OH!!! OH!!! Oh!!! It's Gincy's! I see the name on the side! :) My personal favorite! Most of our family had kinda put it out of there mind that we would ever add to our family via the "regular" way and all were shocked!



I must say that I find this pregnancy a great opportunity to witness to people of God's grace and blessings he has for us. There are so many who say "I knew it would happen after you adopted." Folks--I have to voice my opinion somewhere so here goes.-- NO you didn't "KNOW"! Only God knows what he has planned for our lives and no one else has a clue! We did not choose adoption as a "second" choice-we chose adoption because we felt that God was leading us to do this. I feel like we followed God's plan and he continued to bless us with that plan through baby #2. This pregnancy is no different than the precious gift I have sitting behind me (screaming, laughing, and bouncing in her favorite jumper!). It's another blessing in God's great scheme. We are so excited about what God has in store for our lives..and I hope you are too!

No comments: